Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Silver Anniversary

Today, I am grateful to be alive to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary. Yesterday, my daughter arrived from Arizona, enduring 19 hours of a long haul flight. She read Harry Potter cover to cover three times, did some calculus, and chatted with a passenger from California whom she did not even bother to ask his name. It felt good to see her again after leaving her in Arizona early this year.

Last night she wanted to see her cousins (the children of the late Rusina). It felt so sad that she did not make it to see her. One of the main reasons to bring her home at that time was to see the late Rusina. We brought chocolate brownies as a memento of my silver anniversary last night to see them. We had dinner together with the rest of the extended family. As we finished dinner, we cut the brownies and distributed to them. Then the late Rusina’s husband slowly mentioned to us that he thought he would be able to reach his 25 years of marriage next year.

Hearing him made me realize how precious life is and how blessed my life is.

Looking at the other side of it, in fact he is much, much better off as he has eight wonderful children and they are very well-mannered. The eight children are well bonded. They love each other very much. I was happy that I spent my time with them last night.


Today, my husband bought me a Nokia E90 communicator! I am grateful for this gift of abundance. Being someone who is so into gadgets, I bet my colleagues in the office will definitely ask me the same question of how many cell phones I own. In fact I have a few. After a series of Nokia and then Nokia 9300 communicator, I use the Motorola 3G and at times Huawei 3G. Since I am into 3G connection, I thought that my next move is the E90 that is a communicator, with 3G capabilities, wifi, radio, camera, video, wireless presenter and so many other extra features that I am yet to explore.

Today I thank God for the abundance that flow into my life and tonight ends well with dinner at my sister’s place with my brother-in-law who showed me his red Nokia E90.


No comments: